ChaptersToday we are capturing smiles in children from more than 130 chapters throughout the United States and Canada.
Here’s how it works. A patient at one of our chapter medical facilities is identified through their Social Services and/or Child Life department to be a recipient of a cap. The child is asked to pick their top three choices for autographed signature from our inventory list. After reviewing the inventory, a child may choose to make a special request. If a special requested is made, Caps for Kids will then begin procuring the request autographed cap. Unfortunately, fulfilling special requests may take more time than expected. Due to time, the child may receive an additional cap while waiting. A child may only receive one cap except for special circumstances due to relapse or special request timing. Caps may not be sold or used for fundraising by the facility.
Start a ChapterWould you like to become part of our Caps For Kids family? There is no cost to becoming a chapter and never any cost to the child receiving a cap. We just ask that you follow some policies and procedures:
- Facility must designate a person to supervise the program and agrees to abide by and adhere to the Caps for Kids policies
- Facility will give caps solely to eligible individuals at no expense to the recipient or his/her family
- Facility will not sell the caps to anyone
- Facility agrees to transfer caps to or exchange caps with Caps For Kids
- Facility agrees to cooperate with Caps For Kids in efforts to secure additional autographed caps when feasible